It’s that time of year again when school’s out for summer. Whether you have planned a holiday away or at home here’s my guide to what you will need for a day out with kids.
My top 5 for 2016
1. Change of clothes – Whether you are caught out in changeable British weather, toilet training your little one, or just enjoying dribbly icecream, a change of clothes can be a good idea. Just in case.
2. Sun lotion – even on cloudy days kids’ skin can burn really easily on a day out. Sun safety tips.
3. Snacks – even the most happy-go-lucky child can turn into Mr Grump when they’re hungry.
4. Entertainment – we’d all love it if kids could entertain themselves but life’s not like that! Pack paper and crayons, a book or even a tablet with their favourite games on to keep them happy on the journey.
5. Cash – There’s rarely a day out with kids where you don’t need some coins with you. For parking, ice creams, arcades, toys….
“Now, how am I going to lug all this around?” I hear you cry. Well the great thing is that you don’t have to. Your little one can carry it all themselves in their own rucksack. Completely washable, side pockets for travel size suncream or sunglasses, a front pocket for books, and a roomy main compartment for change of clothes and entertainment.
Use the matching purse to keep their pocket money separate and the pencil case so that the crayons don’t end up everywhere.
Whatever you end up doing, I wish you lots of fun,